Bolt Action - Fall of France Starter Bundle
A Wargames Delivered Exclusive Bundle containing everything you need to start playing Bolt Action with Fall of France forces.
Blitzkrieg! German Army Starter Set
- Blitzkrieg German Support Group
- Panzer III German Tank
- BEF Infantry Section Box
- French Army Infantry Section
French Army Support Group
- Char B1 Bis
- Blitzkrieg! German Army Starter Set: Made from the components of the Early War Blitzkrieg German plastic sprues that are included
This army deal is made up of the following:
- 6x Blitzkrieg German Plastic Sprues (36 Models in total)
- Plastic Sd.Kfz 251/1 ausf C halftrack
- Early War German 81mm Mortar Team
- Early War German 7.5cm leIG 18 light artillery
- Panzer IV Ausf D
- Blitzkrieg German Support Group: Blitzkrieg HQ German officers were capable and often experienced leaders. Junior officers were trained to undertake the role of their own immediate superiors, enabling them to use their initiative to take control of situations when necessary. Blitzkrieg MMG TEAM The Germans were equipped with two excellent MG in the MG34 and rapid-firing MG42 – known to Allied troops as ‘Hitler’s Buzz Saw’ because of its distinctive noise, or ‘Spandau’. Unlike other armies, the Germans used the same machine gun both as a squad weapon from its bipod and as a tripod-mounted support weapon. The tripod mount provided a much more stable firing platform and made it easier to keep up a sustained fire using a belt feed. Blitzkrieg Medium Mortar Team The standard German medium mortar of the war was the 80mm Granatwerfer 34. It was a very effective and accurate weapon that could provide longer-range, on-call fire support. It had a maximum range of 2,400 meters and could maintain a rate of fire of 15–20 rounds per minute. Models supplied unassembled and unpainted.
- Panzer III German Tank: The Panzer III was one of the most numerous German tanks of the war, and was the mainstay of German armoured forces when they invaded France and the Low Countries, then later Russia. It was well armoured for the time and equipped with the 5cm KwK 38 or 39 L/42 cannon, the N variant having a 7.5cm KwK 37 cannon. Set contains one plastic vehicle kit.
- BEF Infantry Section Box: The British Expeditionary Force was an army of nearly a third of a million troops sent out to France to try to resist aggression from Adolf Hitler's Third Reich. Allied with Belgium and powerful French forces, it fielded ten infantry divisions, artillery, tank brigades and supporting air squadrons. General Lord Gort’s BEF fought well, but were outmanoeuvred all too often, leading to tactical withdrawal and the heroic but tragic retreat at Dunkirk during May and June of 1940.
This box set contains a metal 10-man section:
- NCO with rifle
- 2-men Bren gun LMG team
- 7 riflemen
- French Army Infantry Section: Declaring war on Germany in 1939, the French armed forces were superior to the Germans in tanks and ships but suffered from outdated tactical and strategic doctrine at the highest level. Fighting alongside their British allies, the French army performed a brave rearguard action culminating in the remarkable withdrawal from Europe at Dunkirk. With the British heading back to England, the French forces battled on stubbornly as the Germans closed on Paris…
Although much has been written of the German armoured forces and the defeat of the British at Dunkirk in the dark days of 1940, far too little has been written about the gallant stands made by the French army.
The French army started World War II as the most powerful army in the world. Well-equipped, with excellent tanks and artillery, the infantry divisions were numerous and confident of fighting off the hated Boche as they had twenty two years before. This was not the same war though, and the French infantrymen found themselves all too often fighting off German armoured units which had outmanoeuvred them as the Blitzkrieg rolled across Europe.
Contains a 10-man French Army Infantry Section:
- 1 NCO with rifle
- 1 soldier with VB launcher
- 2-man light machine gun team (loader has pistol)
- 6 riflemen
- French Army Support Group: The French army started World War II as the most powerful army in the world. Well-equipped, with excellent tanks and artillery, the infantry divisions were numerous and confident of fighting off the hated Boche as they had twenty two years before. This was not the same war though, and the French infantrymen found themselves all too often fighting off German armoured units which had outmanoeuvred them as the Blitzkrieg rolled across Europe.
This pack is a great way to supplement your Bolt Action French Army, with dependable HQ choices as well as an 81mm Mortar and an aged yet dependable MMG in teh form of a Hotchkiss MMG.
- 2 officers
- 1 Medic
- 1 Forward Observer
- 1 medium mortar team
- 1 MMG Team
- Char B1 Bis: The a12 Matilda II infantry tank was nicknamed the 'Queen of the desert' By her crews in the Western desert. Its role as an infantry support tank precluded it from charging around the battlefield at the same speeds As the cruiser tanks - it needed to move at the same pace as the humble infantry allowing for Mutual support. In the wide open expanses of the Western Desert, The relatively slow speed of the Matilda would normally make it easy prey to enemy anti-tank capability but the Matilda II boasted much thicker armor than contemporary tanks from the first half of the war, making it largely invulnerable to enemy firepower. This kit allows you to build the western desert, Bef, or Soviet versions and has the choice of the 2-pdr or 3" Howitzer main gun.