Black Powder Epic Battles - Waterloo: French Infantry Brigade
Sale Sold out
Regular price $36.13
Regular priceUnit price per
Vive L'empereur!' A cry shouted from thousands of proud Frenchmen as 'Les bleus' stormed forward in tight, disciplined columns on the 18th June 1815 at the small Belgian town of Waterloo. Many of these veterans had served for years with Napoleon and his hard-hitting armies. They fully intended to see off Wellington's Allied army and march to Brussels in glory. The infantry columns were screened by hundreds of voltigeurs, light infantry in loose order whilst overhead fire by massed foot batteries of 6-pounders hammered the allied lines. Who can stand in their way? This plastic set provides enough models to field a complete brigade of three French line or light infantry regiments of 80 men each, 24 voltigeurs skirmishing, a 3-gun Foot Artillery 6-pdr battery and a mounted brigade commander.
- Sunday June 18, 1815; on an unassuming rain-soaked field in Belgium; two great generals of the age finally met in battle. The climactic clash of the Hundred Days campaign wrought the end of around twenty years of continuous warfare on the continent, and with it an end to the reign of Napoleon. The Battle of Waterloo, arguably the most famous battle in all military history.
- Based on the award-winning Black Powder rules system, Black Powder Epic Battles allows you to refight the key engagements of the Waterloo Campaign on a huge scale, with period specific additions that capture the tactics, conditions and prominent personalities of the Napoleonic Wars.
- Vive L'empereur!' A cry shouted from thousands of proud Frenchmen as 'Les bleus' stormed forward in tight, disciplined columns on the 18th June 1815 at the small Belgian town of Waterloo.
- Built to be played on large tabletops, such as a pool table and multiplayer with as many people as you want, Black Powder was originally created to be a club game. A standard move is 12 ins for infantry, 18 in for Cavalry. Each player will need to have a measuring tape handy as they are not included.
- Build, paint and play! The construction and painting of the models and watching them come to life are just as much fun as the game itself!
Also check out The Army Painter - Rangefinder Tape Measure!